Golden Age History
Miss Masque is the secret identity of Diana Adams, a young socialite who decides to fight crime and injustice in disguise. Originally, Miss Masque had no super powers but relied on her wit and a pair of revolvers.
Lured to the Fighting Yank's side by a distress signal from his servant, Markham, she was tricked into Pandora's Urn when he told her it contained the essence of his ancestors and needed it to revive him from his "injuries".
After she was released from Pandora's Urn, she manifested the ability to possess others.
Powers and Abilities
- "Possession": Masquerade can inhabit the body of a target person and access his/her thoughts and memories, but is unable to influence the target's actions (PS #7 p.14-15)
- Able to enter a type of fugue state and draw together disparate facts to understand a situation.
- Once Masquerade "possesses" another person, she remains trapped within that person until a third party places her mask on the "possessed" individual (PS #7 p.14-15)
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: Two .45 Automatics
- No special notes.
- Miss Masque (a.k.a. Masquerade) wore several different costumes in her 1940's incarnation; Alex Ross tried to work all of them into the Masquerade mini-series.
- The series gives conflicting information about Masqurade's possible involvement with V-Man. PS #6 p.5 indicates that she's romantically involved with him, while Masquerade #4 indicates that she's surprised by V-Man's feelings for her.
- Appearances of Diana Adams (Chronological)
- Appearances of Diana Adams (Unordered)
- Character Gallery: Diana Adams
- Fan-Art Gallery: Diana Adams
- Quotations by Diana Adams
Discover and Discuss
- Search News for: · ·
Links and References